Alice in Mathland
Alice in Mathland, is an
entertaining and instructional 170-page tale of Alice's journey through
Mathland, where she learns math from an eccentric Yellow Pig guide. I wrote
it as my undergraduate thesis at Simon's
Rock from September 1999 to May 2000.
Frequently asked questions:
- Why a yellow pig?
- The yellow pig is a reference to HCSSiM, an excellent summer program for high schoolers interested in mathematics.
- Where can I read more math fiction?
- The most complete list I know of can be found here.
- What other formats is Alice in Mathland available in?
- See the table below. Note that you'll need the class definitions if you want to tex the document yourself.
- I think I found an error. How can I report it?
- Email me and I'll add it to the list of known errata.
- Can I re-distribute, modify, or translate this?
- Possibly. Email me to discuss further.
- I'm a Simon's Rock student and want to write my thesis in LaTeX. Can you help?
- A stub thesis that satisfies the style requirements is here.